Wednesday 15 May 2013

AMFFC Div 1 at Grafham

Tuesday 14th May was Rd 2 of AMFFC. Both GWFFA teams were out as the day combined Div1 and Div 4 matches. I was drawn with John Hancocks from Bewl Bridge.

3 of our team headed for the same area, Q to I buoy right in the middle. Pulling it was to be on Di5 sweep with fusion blobs top and bottom and a cormorant in the middle. Steve E was on a Di 7 and Richard Kesek went complete opposite on a midge tip with buzzers. Peter Hartley had gone to deep water point, Chris Bobby had gone to Savages on buzzers and Mark Brinkman was nymph inch somewhere. I started catching and quickly got to 6 by about 11ish. Richard had 4 or 5 and Steve had a few too. It took a while to get my last 2 but I finished at 12.50. 5 hours time bonus was great but I didn't have a big bag of fish. Steve E finished at 2.30 and Richard at 3.00. Mark was struggling a bit but eventually got his 8 by about 5. Nobody had seen Peter H but it turned out he finished at 4.00 from deep water point. Chris Bobby had 5 in Savages and had a 6lb+ fish and a couple of 4lbers too. He came to I buoy in a bit o finish but needed te day on 7. With much bigger fish he didn't need 8.

So weigh in time and we had 5 limits and a 7. More than enough and won by over 11lb in weight to win the Div 1 match.

The B team in Div 4 match did very well with a few limits and came 2nd in their group.

Next round for the A team is at Draycote in a few weeks time. I won't be there but have 2 more rounds to fish later in the season.


No comments: