Sunday 12 April 2009

First Boat of 2009

Saturday 11th April and I took the kids out for the afternoon on Grafham in a boat.


Armed with a new boat seat, drogue and a new Di7 line to try out we set off from the harbour at 2.00pm.

We headed for Sanctuary Bay and The Stumps as word was there were plenty of fish feeding on buzzers. After stopping half way to set the drogue up we arrived to several boats already in Sanctuary Bay so we found a spot and set up a drift.


Lauren had a floating line with 2 buzzers on and I used my midge tip with a couple of buzzers. Wasn't long before I had a couple of pulls but no fish. A few drifts later and I had a good pull that hooked a nice rainbow. 1 to me. The next drift and Lauren had a fish on. she played it really well I was just there to net it for her.


Amy was getting bored, I had set her up a floating line with a Diawl Bach and a Buzzer and she was back drifting behind the boat. Nothing happening for her though so we set off to the middle, on went the Di7 for Lauren and an intermediate for AMy both with Pitsfords Peas. I started rowing and we trolled towards the dam.

About level with G Bank and Lauren's line tightened and she was into a good fish. Again she played it really well and I netted a 3lb 5oz overwintered Rainbow.




I carried on rowing and eventually Amy's line tightened and she had a fish on. Sadly it came off again.

No more action trolling so we went back to Hill Farm and I set up the midge tip again. Another stockie was soon on and that made it 2 each. A tangled leader meant the end of a good day out.

No comments: