Sunday 30 November 2008

Last day of my season

Wet, Windy and barely above freezing was how the weather looked today. But it was the last day my season ticket was valid so I had to get at least a couple of hours in.

Went to G Bank about 1.30, was the only one there at the time but I was soon joined by another at G , a couple of guys went onto the stone jetty and I saw someone on the Dam as well. Hardy fellows or just fools? Who knows.

Set up a floating line, 15ft leader and 2 flies. Apetiser on the point and a Wooly Bugger on the dropper.
A few casts and I got a fish on that had taken the Apetiser. A 2lb Rainbow put up a reasonable fight and was soon in the net.
Kept the same set up and after about 30mins or so got another good pull and a similar sized rainbow was on having taken the Wooly Bugger. I soon netted this one too and decided to release it. I figured there were more to catch but yet again I was wrong.

Nothing more followed despite sticking it out in freezing rain and wind, tried several different flies, boobies, minkies and a Pitsford Pea but no pulls so went home at 4.00.

All in all not a bad season really. 63 fish taken so got reasonably close to the 75 fish limit, 10th in the club competition and 5th in the winter plate.
Time now to tie up loads of flies during the winter ready for next season.

No comments: