Wednesday 15 October 2008

Plummers

Went to Plummers this evening, quite a few fish moving so it looked promising. Weather was overcast and a westerly breeze made fishing easy in this part of Grafham Water.

I set up 3 flies on about 12ft leader, a Claret Hopper on the point and 2 Corixa on droppers.

After casting at several rising fish I final hooked into a fish. It had taken the first dropper, a size 10 Corixa. After a few minutes a nice 2lb 6oz rainbow was in the net.

I then changed to a booby on a dropper with an Olive Damsel on the point. There were still fish moving and fry were now scattering on the surface. Maybe there were some fry feeding trout around.
I had a great follow but the fish turned away as i lifted the flies off the water.

No more action after that so I headed home.

No comments: