Saturday 26 March 2011

2 Halves of the same day

Shared a b oat this morning with Nick Preston at Grafham and had a good few hours at G Bouy. Setting out from the harbour at about 8.30 it was really misty and we couldn't see the north shore. We had 10 mins outside the harbour but after wasting time we headed for G bouy. Nick caught 2 near D bouy but these wer random fish so drifting down the G he had another making 3-0. Was this going to be another beating like last weekend? No, I had 2 fish quickly on the hang. One on a Cormorant and one on an olive boobie. We were fishing Di7 lines but i had a feeling the fish were higher in the watr so roly poly'd a cast back straght after landing and had another take immediatly. Nick copied the method and also took another fish. Lunchtime loomed and Nick had to leave but at 5-5 it was a fair result.
After dropping Nick off at the harbour I went out on my own. Headed for Hedge end first. I did get a follow but the wind had increased and it was realy rough. I moved back to G but several unproductive drifts I move dto Gaynes Point and the Sludge bank. Drifting all the way to the Seat I had two more follows but no takes. Gave up at 5.00 with no more fish to the boat. A good day out though.

No comments: